The Washington State Department of Commerce just released its 2023 Biennial Report, documenting numerous accomplishments in the clean energy transition and climate policies.
Among the accomplishments are:
- Implementing recommendations on clean electricity
- Transportation electrification
- Buildings decarbonization
- Clean fuels
The Report includes key strategies such as clean energy equity, bolstering the state’s clean energy workforce, and utilizing federal and state funding to advance the recommendations in Washington’s State Energy Strategy, such as:
- Build an equitable and inclusive clean energy economy
- Energy in rural Washington
- Delivering emergency management and cybersecurity
- Transforming Washington’s electricity supply
- Decarbonize transportation and use energy more efficiently
- Buildings and natural gas
- Industry and clean fuels
Read the full 2023 Biennial Energy Report.
Read more: www.commerce.wa.gov